Sunday, May 22, 2011

Oprah's Legacy

When my kids fussed about some cruel and unusual request that I made--do your homework, finish your laundry, make your bed--I assured them that one day they could go on Oprah and report my sins and how I had damaged their fragile psyches. I suppose that I never thought about Oprah ending her show. It goes to show how one woman became ingrained into my life through her shows and her many revelations to us. I saw her speak once when I lived in Beaumont. She is truly larger than life--personable, charming, warm and deliciously large. I can relate to a woman with hips and thighs.  I can also relate to her love of books. Of the many valuable contributions that Oprah has made, one of the most important has to be her book club. I love books, and anyone who promotes reading is #1 for me.  Oprah's Book Club has 70 titles. I've read 20; 50 more to go!  Here's the list, http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/2011-05-23-Oprahs-book-club-picks_n.htm?sms_ss=email&at_xt=4dd9b21de106b2f2%2C0

How many have you read?

No comments:

Post a Comment